Safety and Accident 4B
The answer that you gave is not
correct. Please read the information below and when you are ready,
click on the kink at the bottom and go back to the questions
What if I have an Accident in my Truck?
In Case of an Accident while you are with your truck,
the procedures are extremely important to follow as any mistake can
result in greater Liability than would ordinarily be present.
- Immediately, call the Monroe Safety Department
- During Normal Hours ( M-F 8:30 AM to
5:30 PM) Call 1-800-444-4168)
- After Normal Hours, Saturday and Sunday Call the
safety Beeper at 1-888-650-6134, Enter your contact telephone number
with the keypad on your telephone
- Call the Police Department that has
jurisdiction the Area where the incident took place.
- Federal Regulations require that you take a Breath
Alcohol test within two hours of the incident under certain
- You must also receive a Drug Screen as
soon as it can be arranged.
- All of the above needs to be documented for future
- Go to the Accident Packet that is kept in your
truck. The packet contains a camera as well as other materials.
- Try to get Names and addresses and telephone
numbers of all of the parties involved
- Secure License numbers, makes and models of all
- Try to get names and address and telephone numbers
of any witnesses.
- Unless absolutely necessary the vehicles involved
should not be moved until the Police arrive.
- When the investigating officer arrives, try to get
the name, badge number, station address and telephone number.
- Always to be courteous and considerate of
to go back to the question